Notice to Parents/Guardians: Work to Rule Job Action
Due to the work to rule job action taken by the Nova Scotia Teacher’s Union, the following DRES extracurricular events/activities, that are participated in, run by and/or supervised by teachers, have been cancelled/changed:
- PALS activities, during lunch recess time, are cancelled.
- The Early Dismissal and Spirit day, scheduled for February 8th, is cancelled. This will be a regular, full day of classes. Since February order forms are already completed, milk will not be available this day.
- The Summer in Winter family dance scheduled for February 10th is cancelled.
- The Goatworks drumming Presentation scheduled for February 15th is cancelled.
- Febuary’s Good News Assembly, scheduled for February 28th, is cancelled
- All teaching staff inservicing has been cancelled.
- Milk Program will continue however, money will have to be dropped off at the school, as teachers will not be collecting any money. Milk will not be available on February 8th.
- Students will still distribute Valentine’s Day Cards, if they wish, but classes will not be having Valentine’s parties.
Students being dropped off in the morning should not arrive prior to the first bus at 8:10 am.
***ANY STUDENT BEING DROPPED OFF AFTER THE BELL RINGS AT 8:20 MUST BE SIGNED IN, AT THE OFFICE, BY THE PERSON DROPPING THEM OFF!***
Students being picked up in the afternoon must be picked up at dismissal time at 2:35 pm, no later, as supervision is not provided at this time.
*** For safety reasons, please be mindful of the, posted, 20 km/per hour speed limit on school property.***
During the work to rule, we are looking for parent volunteers to help with lunch time supervision of students. We need volunteers who can be at the school for about a 1/2 hour from 12:00-12:30 pm. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Bev in the office.
All volunteers must have current criminal record and child abuse registry checks completed.