Work to Rule job action
Notice to Parents/Guardians
Re: NSTU Work to Rule job action
Due to the work to rule job action taken by the Nova Scotia Teacher’s Union, the following DRES extracurricular events/activities, that are participated in, run by and/or supervised by teachers, have been cancelled/changed:
- Wednesday’s after school skipping club is cancelled.
- PALS activities, during lunch recess time, is cancelled.
- The Early Dismissal and Spirit day, scheduled for January 12th, is cancelled. This will be a regular, full day of classes.
- The PTA Meeting scheduled for January 17th is cancelled
- January’s Good News Assembly, scheduled for January 31st, is cancelled
- All teaching staff inservicing has been cancelled.
- Milk Program will continue however, money will have to be dropped off at the school, as teachers will not be collecting any money.
Students being dropped off in the morning should not arrive prior to the first bus at 8:10 am.
Students being picked up in the afternoon must be picked up at dismissal time at 2:35 pm, no later, as supervision is not provided at this time.
***Please Note, during January 2017, several public consultation sessions on school start times will take place in the West Kings District High School family of schools. The meeting for DRES school Community Members will be Tuesday, January 17th at 6:00: pm in the school gym.